“I don’t want any anti-ageing cream !”

I was down and out with a sore throat and fever early this week. Hence ,spent all day lying in bed, either sleeping or reading X men comics. I was sleeping Tuesday afternoon when the landline rang. Mum wasn’t at home, so I had to drag myself all the way across to the other room to answer the phone.

(In a high pitched screechy voice…reminiscent of Janice from Friends)” Hello Sir! May I speak with Mr.Murthy?”

(Me, in a voice that sounds like Elmer Fudd with a hangover)” yeah…that’s me.”

(Conversation alternates between the telemarketer and I)

“ Sir… I am calling from Ponds …we have a super offer on our miracle anti-ageing cream….”

“ But I don’t want any…thank you”

“Sir….please listen to my offer….we guarantee results in 7 days or else…”

“No thanks….I look gorgeous and amazing as it is… sweet 16 almost….”

“Sir…money back after 7 days…”

“look here…I want to speak to your Marketing guy….his strategy is all messed up…you don’t call people and tell them they need anti-ageing cream….”

CLICK… She hung up !
Another victory for me....

Comments

What's the 'sure sure' for ???
Kavita said…
*puts on her celebrity shades and says " No Comments"* :-p