Yearn for a vintage….

It’s been raining incessantly for the last one week at college. I quite rudely discovered that I am not as young as a I used to be. I got wet in the rain and came down with a bad cold and a fever, probably the only retard on campus going around with a jacket because …oh blimey! It’s freezing down here. I had the entire day off, no class, no assignment breathing down my neck and pretty much nothing of acute importance to do.

It’s been raining outside. I decided to give up trying to figure out cost accounting in the economy of a firm and decided it best to put on some nice opera …Likes of Andrea Bocelli, Il Divo, etc and read a good book while watching the rain drops trickle down my window. Get some nice healthy carrots to munch on, feet up on the table while sipping on some guava juice.

There’s something wrong with that scene. I couldn’t figure it out until late this evening. I didn’t need juice…I needed a good vintage…a fine wine or a long brewed scotch whiskey. My band vocalist recently acquired a bottle of Glen Fidditch (21 years) and had offered me some a while back. Sticking to my diet-guns, I bluntly refused. Now, I want to hit my head against a wall. Caught between the devil and the deep blue sea… out goes the diet and the 6 weeks of sobriety if I give in….and continue with pangs of greed for a fine brew if I don’t…both equally torturous situations. I know they say that the only way to fight temptation is to succumb to it…but the good lord has given a fairly tortured and confused soul. Strong and stubborn when it needs to be…weak when not required. Alas, to avoid the tempatation…I have been slowly sipping on some Green Tea. It isn’t the same.

Lord, grant me a vintage….or good company to enjoy this tea!

Comments