And good things to all those who wait for it

It’s been over a fortnight since I’ve put anything up, my apologies, I have my reasons…some of which I will explain. Soooo…. What has been keeping me away from finding the time to write? I can group the reasons into 3 broad buckets for you. ( This ‘grouping into buckets’ is one of these things you tend to do post an MBA degree. MBAs love grouping things into buckets….pointless, but necessary) Anyway, here they are…
(a) Work
(b) Music
(c) A ‘surprise’ that you will have to read about at the end.

Soooo….work. Yes! It’s been happening….or not. It will happen….or not. Let’s not waste time on this.

Next….music. Yours truly seems to have found some momentum once again as a performer. However, it does have a certain Jack Black ‘School of Rock’ twist to it. As part of a band from the music school where I go to learn guitar, I recently performed in a 30 minute slot at a weekend-long music festival at the ‘Alliance Francaise’ in Bangalore. This is the first music festival I’ve ever played at……and it was awesome.

Why the Jack Black twist? Well, the band has got people from the age of 7 right up to the age of 35. One of the lead guitar players is 11 yrs old (But don’t tell him that….he corrected me saying that he is almost 12 years old….it’s THAT big a deal). A drummer who is 13, keyboard player who is 17….and the cutest 7 year old violin player you will ever see. And I’m almost exactly like Jack Black during the jam sessions; overly enthusiastic about everything and very “into it”. I’ve even got the shorts bit narrowed down. (Gorgeous legs….hubba hubba hubba). The show went off really well and we seem to be getting more places to play at. We recently played at one of the Barista’s too. While this may not be a long term thing and I do need a band with more people my age, this avatar is fun too…..even if it means I play bass.

Now to the big surprise we have all be waiting for. No, I don’t have a girlfriend and no, my parents have not found a bride for me. (These were the top two entries when I excitedly asked people ‘guess what?’ after ‘the big surprise’) Followers of this blog will know I’m one of those ‘focus on what you don’t have’ types. But for once, I am going to be very grateful and acknowledge and appreciate the new love of my life.

Ladies and gentlemen…..drumroll *burra burra burra burrrra burrrrrra badda bish*…. I am now the proud owner of a PS3. Yes, you heard me right…. I now finally own a PS3. A dream that began almost 8 years ago has now been realized. Phew!!!
I bought myself a PS3, along with the ‘Move’ controller a couple of weeks ago. Why all of a sudden? I’ve finally decided to start living a little and start having fun for once. I’ve wasted many years in the pursuit of ‘education’ and quite frankly, I fail to see the point of it all….so I bought myself a PS3. While this purchase will more or less bring an end to any semblance of a social life that I may have, but who cares…. I have a PS3. To all the women whose heart I’ve broken with this news, I say “You had your chance…..now you don’t. I’m now plugged in to the PS Network. We can probably meet over a friendly game of COD Black Ops or Fifa. ” To those who feel jealous that I can afford to buy a PS3 because I stay at home, and am not married and do not have any real responsibilities in life, I say “That’s my fault????” I also believe that I no longer have to leave home on the weekends and socialize with the human race. This should also take care of the boredom and spending part of things. Global surveys show that the average age of gamers world-wide is now 34, so don’t think it’s silly to be as excited as I am at 27 to own a PS3.

Well, that’s about it from my side. I will now have to find a new ‘not-have’ to perpetually whine about and benchmark everything in my life to. I’ve got the car, the band (some what) and the PS3. Any suggestions on what is the next big thing I ought to aim for? All possible entries are more than welcome. I was planning on an Ibanez guitar…or a nice expensive holiday in Europe. Until I can find something else, I’ll get back to my PS3…yes MY PS3….muhahahaha!!!

PS: Life should more or less follow the path shown in the video below. Geek Gamer Rules!!!


Comments