Food Mood: The Flour Works, Pune

I was recently in Pune for the Bacardi NH7 Weekender festival. As a foodie, it was my mission to try out some of the local must-go-to restaurants and try out the spread there. I visited The Flour Works, located in the Kalyani Nagar area. I went in rather early in the morning by myself as most of the folks I knew were sleeping off the previous night’s revelry.



I immediately ordered a cup of Hot Chocolate while I made up my mind on what to order for breakfast. It took a little longer than expected, but when the Hot Chocolate arrived, my mind was blown. It was the best Hot chocolate I had had in a very long time in India. It wasn’t too sweet or too bitter and hit all the right spots. The thickness of the hot chocolate was definitely commendable. It was uniformly thick and retained the same taste right through. 

Hot Chocolate
For breakfast, I ordered a Stuffed Omelette with bell peppers, ham and cheese. Giving the omelette company was a plate of Waffles with Whipped Cream. I was pleasantly surprised when the waiter asked me how I would like the omelette, well-done or runny. This is something I have not come across at any restaurant in India given our penchant for everything ‘well-done’. The omelette was perfectly done with a good amount of bell peppers and ham thrown into the mix. Nothing like a hot omelette on a cold morning. The cheese was of just the right consistency and was uniformly spread through the omelette.

Stuffed Omelette

Stuffed Omelette
The waffles were cooked well, but went cold thanks to a combination of the weather and me taking photographs. Sigh, it’s something I’ve gotten used to. But the taste was really good and complimented the whipped cream perfectly. Towards the end of the meal, I shamelessly ordered a second cup of Hot Chocolate, and the magic was still there. So this perfect blend wasn’t a fluke.

Waffles with Whipped Cream

Hot Chocolate

Add caption
I had a delightful breakfast that morning at The Flour Works. Great music running on my iPod, a good magazine for company, great omelette and mind-blowing hot chocolate... the perfect script to put this place on my list whenever I go to Pune next. The entire meal was under Rs.500. 

Comments