Food Mood: A Hole Lotta Love, B'lore

I’m of the belief that what you do on the first day of the new year will more or less represent what you’d do for the rest of the year. So it was only logical that I start off the year with a great brunch at a new place. From the owners of one of Bengaluru’s more favourite breakfast joints comes ‘A Hole Lotta Love’. You take a Led Zeppelin song and associate it with food, you pretty much know I’m sold.

A Hole Lotta Love
Located opposite the Jyoti Nivas College in Koramangala, this joint is more spacious than its older cousin ‘Hole in the Wall’. The decor is pretty similar and so is the menu. I went in at around 10:45 in the morning and the place was already packed. But since I was just by myself, I got a tiny table immediately. I ordered a cup of Hot Cocoa, a plate of sausages and a dish called the Golden Frittata Mix. This dish puts together four eggs with a lovely mix of onions, mushrooms, spinach, capsicum and jalapeno. And just in case you were feeling healthy, it’s topped with melted cheese. The jalapenos dominate the taste of the dish but do not take over completely. There is a nice spicy tinge to every bite. I would have liked more cheese. The dish came with a helping of brown bread and butter.

Golden Frittata Mix

Golden Frittata Mix
The sausages were nice and hot, but were a little bland for my taste. I prefer my sausages to have a bit more pepper in them, but that’s a personal choice. Combined together with the hot cocoa, this was an ideal brunch to start the New Year with. I’m surely going back a lot more to try out other dishes on the menu.

Sausages

Hot Cocoa

A packed house

As far as ambience goes, the atmosphere is quite busy. You still have to wait a bit in case you’re late or have come with a large group of friends. But I won’t hold that against the joint because it’s a sign of good food and good service. There’s some good-old rock music playing, which is great for someone like me. The price points are very similar to the sister hotel. I do have some love for ‘A Hole Lotta Love’ right now, but I do need to visit it a few more times and try out more to be completely in love.

Comments