Food Mood: Zamu's Place , Pune

While I was in Pune last year for the Bacardi NH7 Weekender festival, I went to Zamu’s Place based on a recommendation from a friend. I was told not to miss the Three-Step Sizzler Programme, and that’s what I did.  I ordered a beer on arrival which was just what the doctor ordered. For the appetizers, I ordered a plate of Chicken Farcha (based on recommendations read on zomato.com). This dish had two pieces of fried chicken similar to what you’d get at a KFC, but was much better. The chicken was fresh and the meat inside was absolutely tender; this went really well with the mustard sauce that was given. Coupled with the cold beer, this was a nice way to start off the meal.


Chicken Farcha
Being the glutton I am, I had a look at the rather extensive mind-boggling combos for the Three-Step Sizzler Programme. I finally chose a combo of drunken chicken with grilled onions, a fried egg, grilled pineapple, steam veggies and fries. This was topped with a chilly garlic sauce. If your eyes widened thinking ‘How did he eat all that?’ I tell you, it was no easy task. It took me almost fifty minutes to conquer this dish, but it was really worth it. At some point during the meal, I did wish that I had worn track pants instead of jeans. The sauce was a little too spicy, but the beer took care of that. All the grilled veggies and the pineapple were done well and not burnt. 





No meal is complete without dessert. Don’t roll your eyes over; yes I had dessert after a twenty minute break. I had a bowl of nice cold caramel custard which really hit the spot. This was an ideal lunch for a long day of listening to music. 

Caramel Custard
Service was prompt and the waiter was kind enough to enquire if this was my first time at the restaurant and had some polite small talk on the concert before my meal arrived. The best part I liked about the entire meal was my ability to customize what I put on my sizzler. I was told the sandwiches here are mind-blowing and that’s on my list the next time I go to Pune. 

Comments