Food Pix: From Las Vegas (Pt. 3 of 4)

I've never been a fan of pancakes. But then again, I've never been to IHOP. While I was putting together my list of places to eat at while in Vegas, IHOP was among the top three. Numerous folks returning from the U.S have raved about the overly large quantities of food during the IHOP breakfast. I went in at around ten in the morning, filled with supreme confidence that I would be able to tackle the breakfast. Once again, the nice folks in America have proven that I am the Jon Snow of eating... I can't eat nothing.

I ordered the Hearty Ham & Cheese Omelette while my colleague who had come along ordered a Garden Omelette. Now, this is where I should have known that I was going to eat humble pie (pun intended) because every helping comes with a stack of four really large pancakes. I'm used to much thinner omelettes and pancakes here in India, but this was not something I expected.


The delightful waitress brought over enough food to feed a family of four in India. The omelette I had ordered was about two-inches thick and was covered in so much cheese that the egg was not visible. One cut it open to to be overwhelmed by large chunks of ham and enough cheddar cheese that the mere sight of it clogged an artery. But oh my lord, it tasted so good. The omelette had a consistent taste of cheese and ham right through with every bite tasting exactly the same. I was only about forty percent through when I could take no more cheese. Being someone who used to lick the cream between biscuits, I started picking out just the ham and was able to eat five more percent of the omelette.

Ham & Cheese Omelette

Ham & Cheese Omelette

Adding to that, the buttermilk pancakes were just delicious. I tried all the varieties of syrups that were given. I'm not sure if it's all the marketing that has my brain wired, but I found maple syrup to be my favourite. I struggled and managed to claw my way through one and a half pancakes before throwing down my utensils and surrendering. 

Buttermilk Pancakes

All the syrups

Garden Omelette

I got the rest of the meal packed and gave it to a homeless person outside the IHOP who was ecstatic and kept thanking me till the end of the block. It's nice two know two people that morning had full bellies.

Comments


Wonderful Recipe. Pretty much ideal .. Thanks for sharing...
Restaurant in South Campus